[iyonix-support] Re: Help - May be my last message

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 09:38:23 +0100

In message <6f4de4294e.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From bad to worse
> instability crept in after installing a DVD writer.
> To stablize things I put back the old CD writer & successfully
> created backup iso-images with !fbackup.
> Now when I start up I get some disc errors but most things seem to
> work - hence the email. Unfortunately when I try to Burn the DVD it
> says "operation not supported" Have I damaged that as well?
> I dare not switch off in case it won't start again
> Any suggestion how I can at least rescue my backup files that seem to
> be intact?
>
> Might I be able to write them to a portable USB drive?
> !Dpingscan works on the USB ok.??
> Do PC world sell anything that might work?
>
> Chris.

Ae you trying to write a dvd iso to a CDwriter (wont work)

Pen drives will usually work ok (Lexar seem good I've got 2) a 1GB
pen drive will hold a lot of important data, remember Applications are
easily reloaded and you can buy an uptodate cd from Castle for the
!Boot Application.

Usb drives from PCWorld will not work with out reformating to adfs, My
expirience is they need the existing partions deleted on a PC first.

John

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK

Hemel Hempstead RISC OS User Group email info@xxxxxxxxx