[iyonix-support] Help - May be my last message

  • From: C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:32:49 +0100

From bad to worse
instability crept in after installing a DVD writer.
To stablize things I put back the old CD writer & successfully
created backup iso-images with !fbackup.
Now when I start up I get some disc errors but most things seem to
work - hence the email. Unfortunately when I try to Burn the DVD it
says "operation not supported" Have I damaged that as well?
I dare not switch off in case it won't start again
Any suggestion how I can at least rescue my backup files that seem to
be intact?

Might I be able to write them to a portable USB drive?
!Dpingscan works on the USB ok.??
Do PC world sell anything that might work?

Chris.

--
C J Craig
Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx