[iyonix-support] Graphics Card or PSU problem?

  • From: David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:45:49 +0100

Hi comrades in ARMS!

In another thread I was explaining a problem with Nixiyo, my
Iyonix PC, when booting. I can now say more about the symptons.

If I boot Nixiyo after a short time from shut down, it boots up
normally.

If I boot Nixiyo after a long time from previous use, it boots
up, but with nothing on the screen, no text, no desktop, just a
black screen. If I then get to the * prompt and type *NV , where
NV is the name of an obey file in the root directory which
produces a list of the pci devices, looking at the list later
shows the normal list including the NVidia graphics card.

Typing "*RMReinit NVidia RETURN RETURN" immediately after boot up
usually produces nothing; but after leaving Nixiyo on for about 20
minutes, repeating this command several times gradually produces
brighter "Input not supported" message and then a flash of the
desktop. Each time the two images gradually get brighter until the
first stays on the screen. After a few more repeats of the command,
I get the desktop to stay and I can use Nixiyo as normal.

I had the (original) PSU replaced with an HEC PSU 7 months ago,
due to Nixiyo freezing on boot up, but not the 'black screen'
problem.

So is it the graphics card or the PSU again?

Cheers,
David Lane

--
They hang the man and flog the woman
That steals the goose from off the common,