[iyonix-support] Formatting "new" disc

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:50:55 GMT

I am trying to create a copy of the data from my RPC, by installing
the old and new discs in my Iyonix, formatting the new one, and
copying the data.

The new disc is a 120GB Maxtor DiamondMax. It's been in a PC, so is
currently formatted NTFC, with one partition.

The old RPC disc is a master on the second IDE controller, this new
disc is a slave on the same cable. The Iyonix will access the old RPC
disc correctly, and shows the new slave disc as "untitled". Attempting
to use !HForm 2.56 produces "cannot read drive identity, drive error
8".

Swapping the master and slave makes no material difference, merely
changes the drive numbers.
Should I be able to format this drive this way?

and can I expect the RPC to use it once formatted? (I realise this
latter isn't an Iyonix question.)

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx