[iyonix-support] Re: !AudioIn fails to run

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:41:09 GMT

In message <62cdc3c74e.christian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Christian Ludlam <chris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 22 Mar rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I can't get !AudioIn to run on my Iyo (5.13)
>>
>> It used to work on 5.11, but I can't be sure if it ran on 5.12.
>>
>> When launched it pops up an error message:
>>
>> ----------------------
>>  "Task not known"
>>
>> [Postmortem] [Cancel]
>> -----------------------
>
>That's a familiar (though remarkably unhelpful) error message - I think
>it's caused by having the wrong toolbox modules. AudioIn should run
>fine with the toolbox modules in the Iyonix ROM, so try running it
>after a shift boot (or escape boot, or whatever it is you have to do to
>get a clean machine).
>
>If that fixes it, you may need to have a look at your toolbox
>installation.

I find that !AudioIn runs with OS5.13 with either the Castle ROM
Toolbox modules or with ROL's publicly released Toolbox (Toolbox module
version 1.71 etc. that is).

I did reproduce the "Task not known" error with the same postmortem if I
used the 32bit Toolbox modules that came with in the A9home's !System
(Toolbox module version 1.80 etc.). With its current OS4.42 the A9home
has later Toolbox modules in ROM.

The OP could do *Help Toolbox.
--
David Pitt.