[iyonix-support] Re: Ambiguous disc name

  • From: Barry Smith <baz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:25:32 +0100

In message <bcb7fbf54e.DMcD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Mc Dowell <david.mcdowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> I keep an Obeyfile called ReinitUSB on the Pinboard with one line in it:-

> *rmreinit scsifs

> Double clicking this solves this annoying 'Ambiguous disc name' problem with
> anything USB ie. Pendrives, camera or cardreader that have been changed or
> written to in same session.

While on this topic, I seem to have lost ny pen drive. There seems to
a wide variety of prices. Is there any logical reason for this? Are
there any makes/models I should avoid (would need to work with both
the IYO 5.13 and Windows XP? I'm planning on buying a 2GB and
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=6&type=0&man=0&filterwords=2gb+u

sb&go=SEARCH&comp=

(hope that wraps ok, if not try http://www.7dayshop.com/ and search
for 2gb usb and tick 'search all cats')