[iyonix-support] Ambiguous disc name

  • From: John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:36:18 +0100

Hello, more knowledgeable ones. . .

Can anyone tell me, please, whether there is a way round this annoying
filer problem? I still have not managed to re-establich either Omniclient
nor LanMan98 connection with the networked PC since its last rebuild of
WinXPPro so have to resort to the 1Gb Datawrite USB stick I have.

This usually works very well but just occasionally - and I haven't worked
out what causes it yet - it refuses access with this frustrating error
message.

Is there some * command which gets round the problem? A re-boot and
potential loss of whatever is on the desktop always resets everything but
is very annoying when in the middle of something involved.

John

--
    ____