Re: multiple external interfaces

  • From: "Reed, Russ" <Russ.Reed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:55:20 -0500

I would have both WAN interfaces (on the Nexland box) listen and forward smtp
traffic (port 25) to the LAN interface (on the Nexland box). I would connect
the external NIC on the ISA server to the LAN interface (on the Nexland box).
Then I would publish my email server on one IP address on the outside ISA NIC.
I am thinking server publishing would be configured as "normal". The ISA server
would have its servers published on the "private LAN" side of the Nexland box.