RE: Why Tom recommended NOT to use a gateway for FW Clients

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:49:34 -0800

All of the documentation I've seen for W2K (resource kit, help files, KB's,
etc.) suggest that if you have the option, you should place all your routes
in RRAS.  None of them ever stated that you should install RRAS just to use
it for static routes, just that if it is installed, then any routing
maintenance you perform should be in RRAS, as opposed to the "route"
command.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/