Site Connectivity with ISA / VPN

  • From: "Simon Weaver" <Simon.Weaver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:23:11 -0000

Hello everyone
I would like an opinion on this matter and am grateful for any advice.

I have the potential to get a client on SBS2k. They have 3 offices where they
would like teh following requirements:

1) Email anywhere they go at each site
2) VPN connectivity, so someone at site 1, can access site 2 or site 3 from
their PC, and Visa Versa
3) Web Based Email

Now with SBS2k, I dont believe Point 1 is going to be easy, but if they were to
go for Web Based Email then in my eyes, point 3 and point 1 will do the job.

Point 2, I am unsure about :o( I know ISA has VPN Wizards, but now sure how
this connectivity would work in SBS2000. In my eyes, I would look at connecting
Site1 to Site2 and then Site2 to Site3.

But as SBS does not support Trust Relationships I think I am going to be
running into authentication issues here.

Does anyone have any advice on this matter, and whether SBS2k would be able to
do this?

Opinions and feedback is great :o)

Simon Weaver
Technical Consultant