RE: SMTP & POP3

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:39:58 -0400

Wayne, Perhaps I should read all your message threads to understand totally
your situation, but if I understand your question you are asking how to get
POP Mail onto your ISA server, NOT POSSIBLE, POP ( Post Office Protocol ) is
the protocol used by POP applicatons such as Outlook Express, it's purpose
is to PULL Mail from a storage, like a mailbox
it is NOT used for sending mail, that is the purpose of SMTP (Simple Mail
Transport Protocol ) SMTP is used for sending mail, POP is used to PULL Mail
off the storage, down to the application so it can be read.