RE: SMTP & POP3

  • From: "PETER PAPE" <papexpjboi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:59:28 +0000

Hi Wayne,

What errors are you getting when you try to connect? Is there anything in the ISA logs, specifically the packet filter log? Look for your POP3 mail servers IP address and the port you are trying to connect on (110?). ISA will log all traffic blocked by the packet filters. That should help narrow down what the problem is.

From: "Wayne Fogg" <wfogg@xxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [isalist] RE: SMTP & POP3
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:15:00 -0600

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Peter et al,

I have had a look at the page you suggested, and had already setup the
packet filters suggested. This did not solve my problem, which is not
surprising as my problem is not internet access on the ISA Server, it is
e-mail access on the ISA Server. More precisely, I cannot connect to any
POP3 e-mail to download my e-mail, when I use Outlook on the ISA Server. I
can however surf the web!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Wayne