RE: SMTP & POP3

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:24:00 -0400

Just a suggestion, have you thought about publishing OWA Outlook Web Access
and make your remote mail access totally web based, that way no matter where
you are you can always read your mail. ISA does this very well. I am
assuming that you have a Microsoft Exchange server for your Internal
messaging system? The SMTP service you have on your ISA server is OK for
Mail relaying but you will need POP support from your Exchange server to
PULL mail. I think you might want to reconsider dialup
services running on your ISA server, it is better to pass services through
rather than to host them on ISA. Take a look at and consider OWA for a
minute.