Re: Off-topic : Access from Workstation using Outlook Express

  • From: tess vergara <teejoi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 18:31:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Tom, I was able to figure it out on the Client Configuration under the
Firewall Client Properties. I just enabled the outlook service and have it
serverBind TCPPorts to 1. But lo and behold, that was last Saturday, It went
out fine. Now here comes Monday.  After the server has been up and running, for
about 1 hour. Incoming and outgoing mails are ok, internet is okay network is
ok. then all of a sudden incoming and outgoing mails is gone, internet
connection is intermittent. I've stopped the firewall session. Then I finally
decided to change the settings of IE to use Proxy Service at port 8080 and
internet connection is okay now but I'm having problems again with my incoming
and outgoing mails using outlook on my clients.   message on my outlook says :
"The host 'smtp.eastern.com.ph' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.mydestiny.net', Server:
'smtp.eastern.com.ph', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D".  Pleas help, i'm really desperate.  I'm gonna
lose my job if I won't be able to figure it out today. thanks, tess

Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Tess, What is the "Outlook Service"? Thanks!Tom  Thomas W
Shinderwww.isaserver.org/shinder ISA Server and Beyond:
http://tinyurl.com/1jq1Configuring ISA Server: http://tinyurl.com/1llp