RE: MSN Messenger through ISA Caching Only

  • From: Armando Treviño López <armando.trevino@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:01:36 -0600

The problem is that caching mode only allows simple protocols. For Messenger
you need to have installed the Firewall Client, which works only in
integrated mode, or use snat which have the same issue.
I think the best way to use all the ISA resources is to install it in
Integrated mode, even if we have another firewall in front of ISA, and it
will give you more control to design a DMZ.