MSN Messenger through ISA Caching Only

  • From: "Peter" <pleeuwen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 05:51:21 -0700

How can I allow the MSN Messenger to connect through our ISA Caching Only
Server. Ideally we would like to allow certain machines, depending on
Group membership to use MSN Messenger through the ISA server.

Defining the proxy on port 80 in the MSN Mesenger does not seem to be
enough and I cannot create a specific protocol definition on port 1863 in
Caching Only mode.

I do not want to setup the ISA server as an integrated server since we
rely on our Cisco PIX for firewall functionality and we want to keep it
that way....for now ;-))

TIA,
Peter