RE: Kind of OT: Software-based vs. Hardware-based Firewall

  • From: "Jeff Sloan" <jsloan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISALists" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:43:50 -0500

Hardware based firewalls DO have an OS, just imbedded, and they do
require updating, maybe both for the hardware they sit on such as the
router OS, like the Cisco update that was such a big thing a while back,
and for the firewall part that sits on top of that via a card or other
chip.

Jeff Sloan
Network Administrator
Cross Oil Refining & Marketing, Inc.