[isalist] Re: [ISAserver.org Discussion List] FTP Servers

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:33:50 -0800

No - you said:
"I seem to only be able to get access to FTP servers using PASV modem on my
workstations that are setup under secure NAT".
This leaves the failing case hanging somewhere between web proxy and firewall
clients.
You also stated:
"..I have had to reinstall ISA 2004.." and "Nothing on the ISA configuration
level has been modified or changed", which are just a bit contradictory.

You haven't given anyone anything to work from, like:
- client errors
- ISA logs
- captures

If the problem is important enough to involve an entire list, its important
enough to provide something more than conjecture and contradiction.

There are a great many FTP servers that disallow active mode; and with good
reason.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org