RE: ISA FP1 does NOT fix the SMTP Filter

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:26:24 -0600

Hi Edward,

Before you shut the door on the SMTP filter, keep in mind that some
spammers use tricks that fool all the keyword, domain based filters. The
replay to address might not be the soruce address, and graphics replace
text. I think they also might be fragmenting the SMTP messages, which is
something I don't know much about, but have seen references to the
phenomenum, and that might be a problem.

Thanks!
Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder