ISA FP1 does NOT fix the SMTP Filter

  • From: "Edward Sullivan" <esullivan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:32:39 -0600

I was hoping that FP1 would fix the failing keyword and domain issues with the
SMTP filter, but it appears that it does not. For example, I have a filter
keyword of "YourFreeLunch.com" and a domain keyword for "YourFreeLunch.com",
and yet email from this domain made it past the filter into my organization:

At this point, I am considering dumping ISA for another product, such as GFI
Mail Essentials. I know that ISA is intended primarily as a firewall product
and not an email security product, but the reason we stopped using it as a
firewall was because of bugs in the pre-SP1 version!

Out of principle I have decided not to give MSFT $250 for a support call again,
the last time I did it took them a month to correct the problem in ISA which
turned out to be a bug in their software.

Anyone out there have ANY leads, information, help, suggestions, anything? Tom,
any inside contacts at MSFT you could forward this to? I am at the end of my
rope with this one.

Thanks!

Ed Sullivan
Director of Information Services