Re: ISA Design Question: Best Practice

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:09:52 -0700

The question of good practice depends largely on how much responsibility for
the "safety" of your guests you're willing to assume.  Regardless of the
content of the "warning page", someone could successfully claim not to
understand it in a court of law.
Frankly, I'd create a sandbox-net for them behind ISA and create Client
address set rules for them.
They could be any kind of client they want, but user-auth is out (have to
manage local-ISA users).
You'd also have to configure your router/switches to support specific IP
configurations for those clients.

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver