Re: Howto make ISA server a VPN client

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:26:37 -0600

Hi Mark,

I don't think anyone meant to laugh at you, and your English is better
than my German, and its probably better than my English! :-)

However, maybe its ignorance on my part, but I don't see any way were
VPN would fit into this equation. Maybe I don't understand your problem,
but it sounds like you have an SMTP server on your network that you want
to dequeue messages on your ISP's SMTP server. If that's the case, I
don't see how VPN would fit into making this work.

TRN and ETRN sound like the answer to your problem. But I also think you
need to get a dedicated IP address, or at least host your own SMTP
server and using a DDNS provider like TZO so that changing IP addresses
aren't a problem.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder