Re: Howto make ISA server a VPN client

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Isa List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:42:41 -0000

Hi Mark

If, in the middle of your ETRN command you lose the dial up, you would
lose connection to your ISP. You would then have to reconnect and start
the process all over again. You would then have a different ip address.
No different from DDNS.

If you use DDNS, when the reconnect is made the DNS change is almost
instantaneous.

1.) yes you would have a new ip address.
2.) It would still resolve to the DDNS name you decide to use.
3.) If by some small miniscule chance the ISP's mail server still sent
mail out to the original ip address then there would have to be a server
on that address, and it would have to be set up to receive mail for your
domain.

DDNS IS the way to go.

Steve