Re: Bandwidth Policies

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:16:29 -0500

Great - thank U Jim, by the way, I am in the process of creating IPSec
polices to secure my DMZ Segment from my Internal Network, this is a bit
challenging and hopefully I can pull this off, as far as the Bandwidth
Polices, would you recommend setting any? after all, if ISA uses 100 percent
of available bandwidth, then I am Ok with that, the reason for my question
about bandwidth arrised because of course the CEO is complaining about
performance, I have full T-1 to the Internet, many services run over this,
including the 4 Branch Office VPN connections with the way I have my RRAS
Service set, let me ask this, if I use the ISA Firewall service instead of
the Web Proxy service for Browsing the Internet, will that still use the Web
Cache on ISA?  The reason I use the Firewall service by setting up the
default route to the inside interface of ISA is because I found that when
Web Proxy is checked off inside IE and the IP Address and port 8080 are
defined, I can not access the web sites I have running on the DMZ, even
though I have split DNS, as soon as I remove the check inside IE to use web
proxy, I can access everything, both External and sites I have out on the
DMZ. So will the ISA web Cache get involved even though the Firewall service
is used to Browse the Internet.

   Thanks a million

       Glenn