[IrelandVIPNews] Re: Wording on notices

  • From: "Joan Ann Brosnan" <joanannbrosnan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irelandvipnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:10:47 +0100

Wording on noticesHi Nicky and all
I absolutely hate the word handicap.  This word should not be used to describe
blind/vision impaired people.
Please NCBI, or who ever is responsible for Mrs. Quinn's shops,  change the
wording of this leaflet sooner rather than later.
I have had people describe my blindness as a handicap but, if they see it on
leaflets fundraising for NCBI, then, how can I tell them that this word is no
longer used?

Joan Ann.