[indaemed] Re: Re NMS

  • From: USM Bish <bish@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: indaemed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:50:49 +0530

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 08:55:16AM +1300, Pooshan Navathe wrote:

> I read  that he had  a second  provoked syncope at  some stage.
> That was  what Sudhanshu mentioned.

The problem  is, info  on this case  is comimg  piece-meal from
different sources, and  what I gathered initially  was based on
the posts here of Hypoxia induced LOC. Discussions on Doughal's
list also went in the same direction.

Unless we have an accurate  chronological account of events, it
is becoming increasingly  difficult to say things  for certain.
From  Jain's  post  yesterday it  seems  that  even  concurrent
physical unfitness  at the time  of the first  syncopal episode
was apparently not fully excluded. Where do we proceed then ?

I repeat, it would be nice if  somebody fully aware of the case
can  jot down  the  salient  findings in  chronological  order,
otherwise we will keep on beating around the bush, and a little
more fact would emerge.

> The  other  comment  which  Anuj   made,  "It  would  be  worth
> remembering that if this cadet did have a VVS as an independent
> occurence, he could be prone for other reflex neural phenomenon
> as well" is I think very relevant.

Proneness  to anything  is NOT  a  factor that  we consider  in
medical disposals.  Just hard facts and  figures. If we  get at
this  game,  I wonder  how  many  people  we would  ground  for
accident  proneness, or get-home-itis predisposition ?

[Rest snipped]

Bish

--
: