[ilug-cal-website] Re: DNS fixed, pretty URL's now

  • From: "J.P. Mathew" <jpm.nina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:26:48 +0530

Hi:
Thanks Surendra and PK. Today I came and checked from our LAN, and was
surprised to see the site working beautifully...
I made a change to the logo image and a new one with proper Indian
GNU/Linux .... has been craeted (created using Gimp ).
I like the fv_camel template you have given...

Can you write a FAQ for how to connect using IRC ... I have
forgotten..anyway at 22.00Hrs I may be fast asleep. I will catch up
with you all on Monday to see the developments.
Thanks
JPM

On 8/25/06, Surendra Singhi <ssinghi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

"J.P. Mathew" <jpm.nina@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 2. I am putting up another server for DNS, I would like some help on
> configuring the domain for ilug-cal.info

No need.

Thanks to PK, and zoneedit we have clean URL's for ilug-cal.info (check it
out). The IP address is now only a thing of past and will only be needed by
the admins.

I don't know how to set reverse DNS and the other stuff which IDG mentioned,
but if any one have any clues, or know howto please contact the list or me.

Regards,
--
Surendra Singhi