[PCB_FORUM] Re: wasn't there a way to "mirror" geometries?

  • From: george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:34:00 -0800

Gerry, that should work, but there are is the possibility of other via
issues when mirroring, not only for test points but for sequentially
laminated boards where the particular drilling "structure" may not exist
on the back side (i.e. you only only want laser vias on top, not the
bottom).

In my humble opinion:
The modules should be able to be mirrored "out-of-the-box" without
playing games with them.  It is really dumb to have them able to move
but not mirror, and Cadence should implement this. The above  cases
would have to throw an error if they happened (compare the stackup
before actually mirroring, maybe), but the point is they would help the
users.

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.