[PCB_FORUM] Re: User's Group Meeting

  • From: <george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 11:58:28 -0800

I attended.  It was good to meet some folks face-to-face, but I have some
problems with content.

It was great for IC folks, too much for one person to see, but as I am not an
IC person that meant little to me.  Content was very thin for PCB, but since
Cadence considers IC Packaging, Simulation, and Front-end as "PCB" they
probably think it was good.  Even the keynote presentation that was supposed to
address front-to-back issues stopped at IC package design.

The proceedings are all on-line, which means you can't just sit somewhere and
read them unless you have an internet connection.  I personally would prefer a
CD, but that is probably not going to happen.

Suggestion for next year:  More real PCB content.  There are still a lot of us
out there, Cadence takes us for granted.

--
George Patrick
Tektronix.