[PCB_FORUM] Re: Trying to find a specific drill size (via tovia)

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:52:39 -0400

So, you added the vias in the design or made them part of the symbol?
If you added them in the design you should get a drc where there are 2
in the same spot. If you added them to the symbol, I am not sure what
the drc will tell you. I would still think a drc is in order. First you
should check the symbol and make sure it is not the problem. then check
your drc modes and be sure the appropriate ones are turned on. It is
probably pad to pad direct connect in physical lines. It will give you
errors on all of the pins but 1 or 2 will have 2 or 3 as opposed to the
one you will get with the "good" via in pad. Test this out. I don't have
your situation.
Actually, I just tried a via in pad and set the drc to pad/pad not
allowed and it does not show a drc where the via is in the
pad. I am thinking this looks like a bug. Now I added a second via and I
get both pad/pad drc and via/via drc. Definitely something strange here.
I delete one of the vias and all drcs go away. Hmmmm.

Anybody else have an opinion?

TSI Telsys

Brian Alcock wrote:
Just to clarify for the need to find the X and Y location for a specific drill size.

I had 64 vias in pad (defined with a 9.5 drill to be easily identified by the
board supplier)
that had to be plated shut. The drill legend reported a quantity of 66 and I
wanted to find the
extra holes. With over 5000 vias on the board it makes it hard to find on the
drill drawing. I
could have changed the width and height of the drill symbol however it would
have been nice to
have a report with the seperate drill sizes and their x and y coordinates.

Brian

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.