[PCB_FORUM] Re: Trying to find a specific drill size (via to via)

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:49:22 -0400

Eric Hufstedler wrote:

I have used it also and find that in needs improvement.
The biggest problem it has is that if you don't have a pad on all
layers the router does not see the holes.

Ahhh... I have always put pads on all layers.  Did you call cadence about
the problem?

I did. It is a "feature" not a problem. Sort of. I hope they fix it. Or at least I hope they decide that it really is a problem. There is another related problem where if you have a pad on the top and the bottom but not internal it drcs like there were internal pads. In other words, you get drcs on internal plane layers between the pads.

I don't see how this applies to the problem this thread is trying
to solve, though.

It doesn't really, except that it might have been easier to use the pad
feature instead of inserting 64 vias.

Well, I would make one pad with a drill and use it in 64 places. I guess you could make 64 pads with vias in the same padstack, but it has nightmare written all over it.

Kevin

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.