[PCB_FORUM] Re: Trying to find a specific drill size (via to via)

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:12:06 -0400

Maybe the first but not the only!
I have used it also and find that in needs improvement.
The biggest problem it has is that if you don't have a pad on all
layers the router does not see the holes. I added multiple holes
for heatsinking and had no internal pads. The router ignores the
holes and routes through them. You either need to put a pad
on all layers or put a route obstruct in to keep the etch out.
It would also be nice to have something other than the square
or rectangular pattern that they give you.
I don't see how this applies to the problem this thread is trying
to solve, though.
TSI Telsys

Eric Hufstedler wrote:
Just to clarify for the need to find the X and Y location for a specific drill size.

I had 64 vias in pad (defined with a 9.5 drill to be easily identified by the board supplier) that had to be plated shut.

This is a little off the threads topic, but did you use the multiple drill
pattern function when you made the padstack (it was new in 14.0, i think,
maybe 14.1)?

That feature has worked well for me. I think i was the first to use it...

eric

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.