[PCB_FORUM] Re: Outputting "ASCII" from Allegro???

  • From: "Michael Catrambone" <Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 02:19:21 +0800

Austin,

By ASCII output that mean ASCII Output using Allegro Extract. If they
are using CAMCAD they should have access to the Allegro extract view
file called "valext.txt" which will output all the required files.  Once
you have the "valext.txt" extract file you can run the following command
for a DOS/UNIX Command prompt:

<boardfile>.s <boardfile>.r

The order of the command line is very important because it maps to the
individual extract views inside of valext.txt file.  I have an old copy
of this extract file if they cannot locate it for you but it is probably
best to use the latest and greatest file to avoid any problems with
extract or import into CAMCAD.

Hope this helps,
Michael Catrambone
Distinguished Engineer