[PCB_FORUM] Re: Deleting Vias

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:22:17 -0400

I am sorry but I don't understand your problem. I have no problem
with deleting vias even when no etch is turned on. I don't even know
of a switch that will accomplish that. The only thing that affects
that is the find filter being set to not touch vias. Have you
loaded all of the sr's? How about going to 15.1? 15 did have some
problems. I never even loaded it up, I went straight from 14.2
to 15.1. Except for the find filter I cannot even begin to
guess what the problem is.

Call Cadence.

Good luck,
TSI Telsys

george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Well, I have been on 15 for about 2 weeks now. I am not impressed.
The latest problem: What hidden switch do I have to throw to allow me to delete a via on one layer when it's connected on another without turning that (or those) other layer(s) on? I KNOW it's connected, let me delete the durn thing if I want without having to turn 20 layers on to do it...

I do wish they would redesign the tool for designers instead of worrying so much about the occasional users who need to be protected from themselves. The amount of time I have to waste trying to circumvent "features" that are preventing me from doing my job quickly and efficiently doubles with each point release :)

--
/George Patrick/
*Tektronix, Inc.*

/It's _*my*_ opinion, not Tektronix'/

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.