Re: [icon-users] Cannot save as PDF

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:50:45 +0100

In message <cb9d8b524f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As Russell is having such trouble with his GhostScript, would it be in
> order for any of us to send him a copy of an installation that is
> known to work?

The official distribution is known to work, so what would be the
difference between that and any installation that is "known to work"?
You do not change anything when installing anyway.

> If such a copy works, then it seems that his download
> is corrupt.

No, as we have established, the reason for his problems is the
translation of filenames during the uncompression stage. It has
nothing to do with the download being corrupt.

That said, it is possible that your plan could work under certain
circumstances, namely if the zip archive was repackaged as a spark
archive. These are treated differently by SparkPlug and would probably
not cause the problem. However, for Russels benefit, it would be far
better for him to sort out his decompression mechanism or he will run
into bigger trouble with other software.

Martin