Re: [icon-users] Cannot save as PDF

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:11:59 +0100

In message <4f5245f1ebrh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Russell Hafter - Lists <rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.mw-software.com/software/ghostscript/ghostscript.html

> I have now downloaded that and installed it in
> Boot:Resources as suggested.

> However, trying to save a PDF now gives me the following
> message (after a lot of disc whirring)

> "Ghostscript 8.54 Can't find initialisation file gs_init.ps"

That indicates that Ghostscript has not been installed correctly.
Check whether there is a file "gs_init/ps" inside !GhostScr.8_54.lib.
Some old decompression software translates the filenames incorrectly.
Also, please type
  *Help isv.
in a TaskWindow. If this reports version 1.01a or below, please read
!GhostScr.!Help. Otherwise (i.e., nothing is displayed or version
1.01b is reported) things should be fine.

> Clicking a mouse button then causes an apparent PDF to be
> saved, but dragging it to RiScript then gives the message:

> "Missing PDF Header"

Which is not surprising because you will probably find that the file
has a size of 0 bytes since Ghostscript could not do its work.

> I have now found and downloaded the guide to EW8.72, but
> there is nothing about this there!

You will find everything about PDF export in the 8.6 guide. The 8.7
guide only lists the differences between 8.6 and 8.7. When upgrading
to the current version from any earlier version than the preceding one
you need to download all intermediate guides. You will find all of
them in the download area. Together, they describe all new features
since 7.11.

Martin