[icon-discuss] Re: trouble sending email messages

  • From: Richard Ehrler <rehrler-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx, icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 21:45:32 -0600

Hi Linda,
The smtp port 465 information came directly off the google mail site, as gmail is the host mail server for clearwire customers. I have no idea if your smtp port number 587 would work with gmail but port 465 does work on my computer and my Voice Note with my clearwire.net address on the gmail server. It just refuses to work on the Braille Plus for some unknown reason. In addition, gmail says to use pop port 995 and that also works fine. I am not sure what industry standards they talk about because it seems that many providers offer different pop and smtp ports as a part of their email setup faq. I would recommend using the ones your provider suggests, as long as you can make them work.
Richard Ehrler