[icon-discuss] Re: trouble sending email messages

  • From: Richard Ehrler <rehrler-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raincrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:45:49 -0600

Hello Crystal,
You did not mention which smtp port you are using. The reason I mention this is because I have found Clearwire sort of strange with the Braille Plus. On my Voice Note I use smtp port 465 and have no problem sending mail but on my Braille Plus I have to use smtp port 25. This was true before the new WiMax antenna modem transition and is still true for me. If you were able to use port 465 before the transition, you might try changing it to 25 and see if this cures your send problem. If you continue to have problems with the new Clear WiMax setup, contact me off list so we can compare settings to see if anything else comes to mind.
Richard Ehrler
REhrler-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx