[icon-discuss] Re: A couple concerns

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:56:58 -0400

Hi:

You can reflash, if you'd like.  However, some of these apps. are slower to
respond in the new update.  Also, remember to have network folders off before
checking emails, as leaving it on will slow things down even more.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx 04/15/08 10:41AM >>>
Hi, guys.

I was going to post a question on one concern last week, but I thought it
might just be AT&T. But, now, there is something else and I am wondering if
I need to reflash.

With AT&T, I noticed last weekend that when I pressed menu and select to
send and receive mail, it took probably 20 seconds or so to start
downloading the email.

I didn't hear anything saying that mail was being received for that 20
seconds or so.

However, last night, I wanted to record something quickly. I pressed the
record button on my braille plus and heard the beep, but nothing happened
for a while. It then finally said recording.

Again, probably 20 seconds or more.

When I saved the recording, it took a while also before I was placed in the
recordings list.

Everything else seems to work at normal speed but these two things.

Any ideas?