[icon-discuss] Re: A couple concerns

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:48:09 -0500

My wild guess is that your machine has some  stray execution threads  that
have not been killed properly or that you had some major memory leak.  Why
not try to restart the unit first, instead of a radical reflash?

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: icon-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/15/2008 09:41 AM
Please respond to

<icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[icon-discuss] A couple concerns

Hi, guys.
I was going to post a question on one concern last week, but I thought it
might just be AT&T. But, now, there is something else and I am wondering
if I need to reflash.
With AT&T, I noticed last weekend that when I pressed menu and select to
send and receive mail, it took probably 20 seconds or so to start
downloading the email.
I didn’t hear anything saying that mail was being received for that 20
seconds or so.
However, last night, I wanted to record something quickly. I pressed the
record button on my braille plus and heard the beep, but nothing happened
for a while. It then finally said recording.
Again, probably 20 seconds or more.
When I saved the recording, it took a while also before I was placed in
the recordings list.
Everything else seems to work at normal speed but these two things.
Any ideas?

signature database 3027 (20080415) __________

http://www.eset.com