[ibis] Re: BIRD175.2: Extending IBIS-AMI for PAM4 Analysis

  • From: "Bob Ross" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 08:38:58 -0700

All,

On re-reading BIRD175.2, I have a few comments:

1. Both "PAM4_UpperThreshold" and "PAM4_Upper_Threshold" appear in
BIRD175.2.

(Same for *Center_Threshold and *Lower_Threshold.)

I would prefer using the underbar "_" for these parameters and also for

the *Offset parameters.

2. For the *Threshold parameters, the rule:

. If the Reserved AMI Parameter Modulation is set to "PAM4" and
these threshold values are not declared, the model maker shall assume that
the EDA tool may choose a value for each of these three parameters.

should be changed.

All three parameters definitions should be declared if Modulation is set to
"PAM4" with Value

or in a List. Otherwise we are using "implicit" parameter definitions in
IBIS-AMI on unpredictable

results between EDA tools. However, the EDA tool can re-assign the values.

3. The defaults of 0.0 are OK for the *Offset* parameters, if they are
missing.

(I will be out today, so I may not be able to respond.)

Bob