[ibis] Re: BIRD175.2: Extending IBIS-AMI for PAM4 Analysis

  • From: Ed Sayre <esayre@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lance Wang <lwang@xxxxxxxxxx>, "twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>, "bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ibis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 16:03:53 +0000

Dear IBIS Colleagues:

I am very concerned by the implications of Lance's email. It says that there
have been purposeful misleading activities going on in the IBIS space. These
activities muist stop before we approach "fixing" the problems.

I was the first Chairman of the IBIS Users' Group and during that experience, I
would have been very upset if such mis-leading activities were going on. Use
of "non-standard" features have no place in a "standard". If such features are
used, they must be clearly identified as such and provision for "shutting them
off" should be clearly stated.

Our industry has prospered because of the use of clear communications in
standards. Any perversion of tool features is like selling a breakable hammer
ot a blunt knife. Maintaining integrity is a clearly the first duty of any
tool vendor or modeler.

I feel that the absebce of a User's Guide is a severe deficiency.

Sincerely,

Ed Sayre
Teraspeed Consulting - a Division of Samtec, Inc.