[ibis] Re: BIRD175.2: Extending IBIS-AMI for PAM4 Analysis

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 23:07:08 +0000

Ed,

I am sorry to hear about the frustration around IBIS-AMI models,
but I can relate to it because I am often called for help with
models which don't work in our tool while they *supposedly* work
in "other tools".

The other day I tried a model that crashed in our tool, and the
user claimed that it worked perfectly fine in another tool. Came
to find out that the model crashed in the other tool also when
some of its parameters were set to zero, which is how they tried
it in our tool the first time around. It seems that the model
maker didn't validate the values of the input parameters, and
the model most likely generated a divide by zero error.

To answer your question, there are a couple of toolkits on the
IBIS-ATM website:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20090930/toddwesterhoff/SiSoft%20IBIS-AMI%20Eval%20Toolkit%20v2.21/SiSoft_IBIS-AMI_Eval_Toolkit_v2.21.zip

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20110322/ambrishvarma/Cadence%20IBIS%20AMI%20Evaluation%20Toolkit%20v3.1/Cadence_IBIS_AMI_Evaluation_Toolkit_v3_1.zip

I haven't looked at these recently, so I can't say anything about
what is in them, or how useful they are, but you can hopefully
learn something from looking at them. Please let us know if you
have more questions.

Thanks,

Arpad