[ibis-macro] Re: FW: some suggestion for AMI proposal

  • From: Huang chunxing <huangchunxing@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "C. Kumar" <ckumar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:39:29 +0800

Kumar,

Thanks for your reply. I really wish initial version of AMI could have solution
for analytical model of error propagation and FEC. IBIS model could handle this
analytical model just as receiver equalizer.

10Gbps standards for backplane have FEC available. CEIP of OIF have enclosed
fire code with ability of correcting 7 burst error. 802.3ap  has optional
QC(2112,2080) to correct 11 burst error. So I believe in order to extend IBIS
to 10Gbps and even higher data rate, analytical model of error propagation and
FEC is just as important as receiver equalizer and it will be better for you to
finish this work at this time.

Regards,
Huang

Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd.