[ibis-macro] Re: FW: some suggestion for AMI proposal

  • From: Huang chunxing <huangchunxing@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ckumar@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Ward, Richard" <richard.ward@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:37:50 +0800

Kumar,

Yes, that is my meaning.

Richard,

If it is true, then I take back my suggestion. : )
I may misunderstand the ami proposal. In the slide, I only find equalizers
models. In my thoughts, the only possible way to handle FEC is in DFE equalizer
model for initial ami proposal. The FEC model will be within DFE model and
different chip vendors may give different FEC models . But I think FEC is a
normal process and it will be better that is done by EDA vendor. The
calculation only needs dfe coefficients. So, I suggest api return the dfe tap
value.

Regards,
Huang

Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd.