[ibis-interconn] Re: Mixed mode matrix definition

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:58:21 -0700

Hi Vladimir:

Thanks for your observation that we could even extend the
n-port ordering format to support different vector ordering.

The primary reason for mentioning "Random Order" is that it is
technically possible and available privately, if needed.

However, even the original Touchstone fomrat has rigid ordering
assumptions.  So we remain consistent in limiting the order of
data selections to promote industrial consistency.  Also, any
[Matrix Format] data size reductions would apply to the revised
format in a similar manner.

So, I think we have enough general capability as is.

Bob

Dmitriev-Zdorov, Vladimir wrote:
Hi Bob,

Thanks. I agree with your points.

One note - that is not of immediate practical importance though - is
about specifying RANDOM ORDER (as compared to diagonal order). The
former is where the incident and reflected vectors (or any other
relevant pair of input and output) have different internal ordering, as
indicates the matrix in Ken Wong's example. I think that even if we
decide to specify the ordering for such matrix, if would be enough to
specify the order for only two vectors: input and output. Each one can
be done in a same way we use now in DIAGONAL ORDERING. This would
require one more column in your table.

Vladimir