[ibis-interconn] Re: Mixed mode matrix definition

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 14:25:08 -0700

Hi All:

Thank you Vladimir and Radek for technical discussion, and others for
the technical contributions.  This has been very helpful.

My position is
  - Support adding MM or generalized MM/SE syntax
  - Restrict ourselves to a "diagonal" format that we have been discussing
    with explicit association of D and C entries to the SE ports and
    with arbitrary re-mapped positions
  - Assume the SE set of reference impedances and the Rdiff = 2R and
    Rcomm = R/2 as the default relationships.  Also, whether stated
    explicitly or not, this appears to be the common assumption.
  - [Matrix Format] would apply for both SE and generalized formats
    if they are in the same file.

  - Possibly consider supporting an independent set of generalized MM
    reference impedances that are different from the default above
    - The MM vector relationships might be more complicated
    - However, the data could also be converted from/to an arbitrary
      MM referece impedance set to/from a set with the default
      reference impedances.

We are open to more discussion and technical consdierations..  We
also have some choices regarding the exact syntax of this addition.

Bob

Dmitriev-Zdorov, Vladimir wrote:

Hi Radek,

 > All I am saying is that we may allow Rd to be different from 4*Rc

I have no objections about allowing more general situations as long as it does not considerably complicates the syntax and the parsing/transforming tools.

 > One possible way: given your Smm data for Zref_mm=[1,2,3,4] you can
renormalize the matrix to (Smm)' defined for Zref_mm=[1,4,2,8], for
example. The mathematics for such a renormalization is the same as for
single-ended S parameters.

Although I believe I know the relations, we need to explicitly specify them in the accompanying document (white paper). Can you provide these?

Thanks,
Vladimir