[ibis-interconn] Re: Mixed mode matrix definition

  • From: <radek_biernacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 14:23:49 -0600

Hi Bob,

I agree with your position. I assume that the diagonal format means the same
ordering of incident and reflected waves in the respective vectors.

I'd support an additional set of MM port reference impedances under a separate
keyword. The default scenario should apply if one is specified and the other is
not. This will also imply specific requirements for the data (Ri = Rj for the
SE case, or Rd = 4*Rc for the MM case). The default should extend to the case
where no [Reference] keyword is specified - then the option line R should be
treated as SE.

The default scenario is relevant if both MM and SE matrices are present in the
file. I think we may re-evaluate our position on whether to allow MM only data
in one file.

Vladimir,

Sorry I overlooked your request for the re-normalization formulas. They are the
same as for the SE parameters. One simple way to express them is via the S -> Z
-> S transformations. Given the S1 matrix and the R1 vector we express the
matrix S2, renormalized with respect to the vector R2, as:

  Z = diag(sqrt(R1j))*(1-S1)^(-1)*(1+S1)*diag(sqrt(R1j))

 S2 = diag(sqrt(1/R2j))*(Z-diag(R2j))*(Z+diag(R2j))^(-1)*diag(sqrt(R2j))

Here the Z matrix is in terms of the MM voltage and current quantities.

Radek