[ian-reeds-games] Re: warlords, prepare to conquer!

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:04:49 -0400

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the kind words in your other email.

I think you are right. I had wanted to do that, but I wasn’t sure how all the
others would like having units pop up already ai controlled. With so many units
on the board though, it becomes really hard to keep track, and sometimes you
just want to deal with  one battle at a time.

What would be ideal is if there was an option that , upon recruitment, the
player is asked if they want to start with ai on or off. Maybe that would be a
bit much much, but I guess it is just as easy to hit the control+shift +a combo.

Also, an auto naming of units would be excellent. With the experience points
thing, it is fun, but it is also crazy trying to keep track of them. I would
simply have a document out to keep track of the units, but that gets tedious as
well.

With an auto naming feature they would pop out with names/numbers for easier
tracking. No idea how that would happen on the coding side, or if it is super
difficult, etc.

My naming conventions are feature a number (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) plus these…

Infantrys I call legions

Archers I call bowmen

Cavalries I call horse

Catapults I call artillery

And like Michael, I rarely name the special characters unless ther is more then
one of them. Although sometimes I name them after political leaders just for
kicks, or famous generals, or whatever, I use a theme, grin.

I will put ai control into all the units. I think that is probably the best way
to deal with it for now, so people can choose for themselves.Thank you for
suggesting that.

al