[ian-reeds-games] Re: warlords, prepare to conquer!

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:54:51 -0400

Hey!

Sometimes it is the luck of the draw.

The damage of the attacker is essentially compared to the defense of the
target unit. Both are random rolls, so sometimes you hit for low scores, and
sometimes you get a big hit, and sometimes you don’t do damage at all. The
heavier the protection, the harder it is to do higher damage against the
target.

Yeah, sometimes it is like I swing and miss a lot, and then other times, my
guys are able to take care of business.

Also, only three units can be on a tile at any time, includeing structures
which I wanted because then you couldn’t just pile up all your units onto
one square. I actually learned that trick from Craig’s maps, while the
defense trick I picked up from Carlos’s angry birds map. So when I am ready
to declare the thing done and get my user guide written lots of thanks are
going all around.

al